Out of State Dealer Checklist
This is a guideline for Dealers. We cannot guarantee documents are in order until documents have been presented in office. Transfers are unique and required documents may vary for each transaction.
- Transfer Document – MSO or Out-of-State Title with each reassignment completed as applicable.
- Iowa Application
Form 411007 must be completed and signed by all owners being titled.
Form 411179 must be completed for leased vehicles.
- Iowa Damage Disclosure
Form 411108 must be completed for vehicles 7 years old and newer.
- Odometer Disclosure - required for model year 2011 and newer
Federal/state law requires the mileage statement be completed with signed and hand printed names and the original submitted with the transfer paperwork.Note: the agent signing on behalf of the dealership MUST sign and handprint their individual name along with the dealership name and their job title. If the vehicle is being titled in an organization name, the agent signing for the organization MUST sign and handprint their individual name as well as their job title with the organization. Paperwork will be rejected if not signed correctly.
Additional Documents Required
- Vehicle in a Trust or Transferring into a TrustA copy of the complete trust or Iowa Certification of trust document must be submitted with transfer.
- Lien ReleaseLien should be released on the face of the title or a separate release document may be submitted. The document must contain original signatures and must be notarized.
- Purchase Agreement
Additional Points to Note
- For each reassignment, information must be complete and must have original signatures on all documents.
- Forms are also located at www.iowatreasurers.org under motor vehicle forms.
- Fees are calculated with the following:
- A 5% road use tax is calculated on the price of vehicle, minus trade allowance on vehicle traded and manufacturer rebates.
- Title Fee: $25.00
- Lien Fee: $10.00
- Registration Fee is subject to vehicle and renewal month. Trade vehicle plate and registration credit may be transferred. Fees will be quoted by calling our office and providing your vehicle identification number.
- A Fee Calculator is located at https://arts.iowadot.gov/. Follow the instructions below.
- Hover mouse over Tools and click on dealer inquiry
- Click on Fee Estimator