Moving Out of Iowa

If you have moved out of Iowa and registered your vehicle in another state, you may be entitled to a refund.  Please send your Iowa plates back to the County Treasurer’s office where you last registered your vehicle, along with a copy of your new out-of-state registration and a completed Claim for Refund form.  Credit of less than $10.00 will not be refunded.

If you last registered your vehicle in Sioux County, return the Iowa plates, a copy of the new out-of-state registration and the refund claim form to:

Sioux County Treasurer
104 1st Street SE
Orange City, IA  51041

Even if you may not be entitled to a refund, we recommend you return your Iowa plates to the County Treasurer’s office where you last registered.  This will end your responsibility for the registration in Iowa.  Please include a short note explaining why you are returning your plates and your phone number.

This is general information only.  Nothing is guaranteed until we see all completed, original documents in our office.