Community Services Resources

Mental Health / Substance Abuse Civil Commitments

  • If you suspect a relative, coworker, or another has unaddressed mental health problems, or is using drugs and needs treatment, you may start the process to have them forced into treatment.
  • Contact the Sioux Community Services at (712) 737-2999. You together with a doctor's letter, alleging your son, daughter, relative, coworker, etc. is Seriously Mentally Impaired or a Chronic Substance Abuser, or another witness will need to present yourself to the clerk to fill out the paperwork necessary to do a filing. After the paperwork is filed, a hearing will take place within five (5) days, where a judge will determine whether or not your son, daughter, relative, coworker, etc is Seriously Mentally Impaired, or a Chronic Substance Abuser

HIPPA Information

Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996